Over-Hire Shop Carpenter
Penumbra Theatre Scenic Studio is seeking applications for Over-Hire Shop Carpenters. In addition to building scenery for Penumbra Theatre productions, our Scenic Studio builds scenery for a number of other theatres and opera companies – both locally and nationwide. Shop Carpenters must have minimum of 1 year previous experience working in a scene shop setting and be educated in safe operation of hand, power, and pneumatic tools. You must be able to repeatedly lift 60#’s, work on ladders and at heights, read drafting, have good work ethics, be open minded about problem solving, and have ability to easily adapt to changes. We prefer that applicants have experience with MIG welding / metal working and have a valid Driver’s License. Our shop is located approximately 10 miles north of downtown St. Paul and we work in venues located all over the metro area so all applicants must have ability to get around the Twin Cities. Normal work hours are 7 am – 4 pm but occasional evening / weekend work should be expected. Please submit resume and references to
Penumbra Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Penumbra Theatre Grants Manager
Penumbra Theatre Grants Manager
Under the primary supervision of the Managing Director, the Grants Manager will be responsible for maintaining and expanding Penumbra Theatre’s funding from foundations, corporations, and government. This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Manage grants process including:
- Maintain master grant calendar to track deadlines for applications/final reports, decisions and payments for all grants; maintain electronic and print files.
- Prospect research, review guidelines, proof reading, copy editing, final accuracy check.
- Submission of grant proposals, interim and final reports
- Proposal writing.
- Work with appropriate staff for support documentation for grant submissions and final reports.
- Work with appropriate staff on management of database.
- BA (required), MA (a plus) and/or 5-plus years’ experience in development.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial and communication skills.
- Understanding of the Minneapolis/Saint Paul and/or the national funding community a plus.
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets and/or a quota of over $1M annually.
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork and attention to detail; high degree of initiative.
- Strong verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and thorough understanding of strategic development and project management.
- Good computer skills and knowledge of database programs, specifically Access and Excel.
- Knowledge of Planned Giving Programs and Endowments a plus
- Ability to develop and manage budgets and prepare financial reports.
- Be self-motivated, work well under pressure and be able to handle several projects at one time.
Penumbra Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Please send a cover letter, resume and three references via mail or email by May 31, 2013 to:
Russell Zook, Associate Managing Director
Penumbra Theatre Company
270 North Kent Street
Saint Paul, MN 55102-1744